Friday, September 6, 2013

Hey Diddle Diddle


Over the past year my dog Larry has become the subject of many Photoshop projects. This was the first project, however, where I used the official Photoshop software. Before a few weeks ago I had been using Pixlr, a free web-based lightweight Photoshop knock-off. It worked to get my feet wet but I wanted to learn the actual Adobe system so I decided to sign up for a Creative Cloud subscription. After a year of Pixlr I'm finding Photoshop fairly intuitive. Adobe Illustrator on the other hand is my first experience with true vector art -- I see the potential but it's driving me nuts to learn.

This took longer than it should have. Morphing Larry into that elongated shape was simple enough using the puppet-warp tool but that stretches out the fine details making the manipulation obvious. I wanted to make Larry more creepy-realistic. To do that I used the stamp tool excessively to transfer detail onto him from the unwarped version.

Looking at it now, if I were to continue editing this image I would shrink Larry's front feet to match his back feet. I think that would add to the feeling that Larry is not as stable on land as he is in the air. In reality though, Larry is a tank.

-Vince

No comments:

Post a Comment