Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Kick Off with an Evening Stroll Through MOBOT


The purpose of this site is to be a daily photo blog between my wife and me. The motivation for this project is to hone our photography skills and to be more disciplined in our search for material.  We have decided to name this blog 'A Day in St. Louis' because our inspiration for this site are the excellent member blogs at City Daily Photo. Once this blog is up and running we will probably join that group.

For the inaugural post I've decided to contradict the title and share a couple of long-exposure night shots. The image above was taken at the Missouri Botanical Gardens during their annual Japanese Festival last weekend.  A part of the festival was a candle-lit walk around the Japanese garden which has a large lake in the middle with this pedestrian bridge extending over an edge of it. That night this poorly-lit, uneven and narrow bridge over water was crowded. If you look carefully you'll see the blurred images of people walking through the shot. I'm sure they appreciated me and my tripod.


This second shot is no mystery. I took this photo because I liked the texture of the clouds. The night was bright illuminating the clouds from above and the city illuminated the clouds from below producing an interesting layered effect.

-Vince


No comments:

Post a Comment