Saturday, September 28, 2013

Cycling Around North St. Louis


I went on an architecture bicycle tour of North St. Louis this morning. It's not the best part of town but I love the building stock in this part of the city. Sadly, however, much of it is in ruins. This is the rose window to Bethlehem Lutheran. Clearly, this window belongs to a once gorgeous building that has simply been left to rot. The rest of the building was in similar shape.

The next three photos are examples of one of the reasons why I like the old buildings so much in St. Louis. Nearly every one of them is adorned with intricate decoration.

I'm aware in all of these photos I have pushed the saturation or contrast just enough to make the images appear a little off.  I prefer them this way to show detail. Sometimes the unprocessed photos just lack the oomph to capture the feel of these real-life features.




-Vince

No comments:

Post a Comment