Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Desolate Duck


I spent a number of days over the past couple of weeks sick. Today, New Year's Day, I was feeling pretty good and the weather was fair. I decided to get out of the house and do some biking and photography. The first place I stopped was Benton Park about a mile east of my home. The geese were out hopping off and on a ledge of thin ice in the park pond. I'm not much for wildlife photography but was willing to do some mild stalking to get a single-goose-in-the-frame shot. With the goose pointed away from the bright reflection and from the viewer he (she? I'm no gooser) looks like a lonely goose indeed.  No worries, there are plenty of other geese just off the frame and they left evidence of their existence all over the Benton Park sidewalks.

-Vince

No comments:

Post a Comment