Monday, January 6, 2014

Parked Cars


When I went on my walking tour through the deep snow yesterday I had three goals in mind. First, don't wreck the camera. To accomplish this I stuffed my camera in plastic sleeve before stepping outside and adjusted my settings to what I hoped would be right for the conditions. I didn't want to make too many adjustments on the fly and expose the camera body to the elements. This worked OK, I fear I got a little moisture in the view finder, the only bit of the camera exposed besides the front of the lens, but it seems to have dried out fine. My second goal was to find color peaking out of the bleak snow. Parked cars kept catching my eye like the four pictures here. 

The third goal was to spend more time outdoors than it took me to get ready to go outdoors. I succeeded in this but only because Katie made me wear a wind-proof coat instead of the flannel jacket I put on first. 






No comments:

Post a Comment