Tuesday, January 7, 2014

People in the Streets


The above photo is Gravois street during Sunday's snow storm. When we first arrived to St. Louis, being a noob, I would pronounce the street name as Grav-wah, because I met a French guy once and I am oh-so-cultured. Locals pronounce the street name Grav-oy and this pronunciation may even be historically correct despite what my French acquaintance thinks. This street is a main arterial for the city and it was one of the few streets I saw that day that was somewhat plowed. That doesn't mean there weren't any cars stuck in the middle of it though. 

If you look closely, there were two people walking down the middle of the road. As the sidewalks had about a foot of snow on them, walking the tire tracks was more the norm than the exception today. I did get honked at by one guy in a pickup who was pointing aggressively for me to get out of the way (I saw him and was off to the side already) I wanted to ask him where he thought he was going in his vehicle.





No comments:

Post a Comment